- For his possible infected states, see The Guardian (enemy)
The Guardian (also known as White Tubbie) is a major character of the Slendytubbies series and its main protagonist.
He is an humanoid covered in white fur with his face and the inside of his large ears having a normal skin color. He wears a cow-skinned hat on his head, the latter belonging to Dipsy.
He holds a flashlight but will also be seen holding a night-vision camera in the following opuses.
He serves as the playable character (or the "victim" on Versus Mode).
His goal is to move around the Main Land to collect the ten custards that are scattered at many different places of the surface. However, this goal is dangerous since Tinky Winky, who killed his friends, is constantly chasing him and become faster every time a custard is collected. The only way to avoid a certain death is to avoid the visual contact with the latter.
He is now holding a night-vision camera, which allows him to have a better vision in dark areas. The using of the night-vision camera previously had a timer in some of the game's versions.
His goal is to move, this time, around the different possible maps to collect the chosen amount of custards, which can rise from one to twenty-five. He also must avoid to approach the wandering threat otherwise he will be spotted and will have to escape from it during the rest of the time.
- He is one of the two most recurring characters in the Slendytubbies series, the other being Tinky Winky.
- He is wearing Dipsy's hat.
- Dipsy said he lost his hat in Slendytubbies III, so it is possible that the Guardian found his hat and decided to keep it.
- The community created the name "Walten" for him and some people believe that it's his true name but proven by the creator, it's wrong.
The Guardian appears as well in Slendytubbies 2D as the protagonist and playable character.
Just like the previous games, he is a white teletubbie who wears a cow-skinned top hat.
In the title screen, it's possible to customize him with various colours and items, such has masks and other hats.
He can walk, run and turn his flashlight to any directions no matter in which direction he is moving to.
His goal is to move around the different possible maps to collect the chosen amount of custards, which can rise from five to twenty-five. He also must avoid the threat of the map that constantly chase him. Having contact with the threat will result to a death.
The Guardian reappears in Slendytubbies III as the main character.
He is revealed to be a teletubbie whose mission is to monitor the main quartet as well as noting their state of health and prevent them from leaving the surface in which they are experimented on.
He has the same appearance from the previous games. However, his face is different in many ways.
At the beginning of Chapter 0 - It was good, The Guardian is not the playable character. He is doing his usual job, which is to watch the four teletubbies, until things gone wrong.
After the incident, he tries to contact the Satellite Station for help, without success. He then realizes that he has to go to the Satellite Station. Before, he decides to take his night-vision camera. However, the Storage Room is locked and has to opened from the door controls in the Control Room. After he has taken his camera, he has to go outside but he will meet the New Borns.
Once outside, he locates five custards and collects them, but when he tries to collect the last one, he finds Tinky Winky standing in front of it. Tinky Winky thens has contact with the custard and turns into a huge and muscular beast. A chase sequence then occurs and the player will have the choice to go inside the Cave or at the Mountains.
After reaching one of the two locations, he'll have to reach the Outskirts.
To reach the Outskirts, The Guardian will have to travel through a labyrinthine cave. The path will not be easy because of many dead-ends, pits and mostly a wandering threat; Claw Tubbie. After two chases sequences, Guardian escape the threat and reaches the exit.
To reach the Outskirts, The Guardian will have to pass a locked gate. However, he is knocked out by a big creature and wakes up in a warm place with bloody remains. He then meets a droid known as Unit 437 that will informs him about a creature known as The Master, the one who knocked him.
After being chased by The Master, who noticed his leak, The Guardian found out the gate and open it with a pipe. He then recovers his night-vision camera, slighty broken, that he lost after had being knocked out.
Once in the Outskirts, he locates eight custards in the area, but notices Laa-Laa's presence. Her state will depend of the player's choice during Chapter 0:
- If she's normal, he'll talk with her and then'll have to collect the custards with her. He then has the choice to kill her or leave her. She'll become infected if the player decide to leave her.
- If she's infected, he'll have to collect the custards while avoiding to approach her. After the collect, he causes Laa-Laa to knock some pillars that fall on her, and will have the choice to kill her or leave her.
Once in the Satellite Station, he finds nothing but corpses of teletubbies, except the only survivor, named Ron, who informes him about a Headless green monster with a chainsaw who entered the building and killed everyone. The latter will then be killed by the aforementioned monster. The Guardian then find the access card from one of the dead engineer and accesses the Teletubby Secret Center, where he will be chased by the monster, Dipsy Chainsaw, before jumping over a laser that will kill the monster.
The Guardian then takes the chainsaw if needed later. He then meets Noo Noo in a big room, where the latter reveals that he is the one behind the infection. No matter what the player chooses, Noo Noo sends The Announcer to fight White Tubbie.
After the battle, Guardian contacts the military and catches up to Noo Noo at the entrance of the building.
- If Guardian denies to join Noo Noo, he will have to fight against Po.
Two fates are possible after this choice:
- He'll canonly die if he loses against the final phase of Po
- He'll survives if he defeats her, and'll destroy Noo Noo
- If Guardian accepts to follow Noo Noo, he will have to go at the Custard Facility.
Two fates are possible after this choice:
- He'll become The Evil Guardian if he accepts to consume the custard
- He'll become The Crawler Tubbie if he denies to consume the custard
He is the playable character and his role is variable, depending on the game mode. In the title screen, it's possible to customize him with various colours, items and even antennas.
- Depending on the player's choices, he can die, survive or become an infected.
- He is one of the four characters who can have multiple mutations, the others being Tinky Winky, Dipsy and Po.
- However, unlike the others, his mutations are alternative to each other, and only can happen from the player's choices.